Thursday, October 30, 2008

Latest Issue of IEEE GOLDRUSH Newsletter

I'm a big fan of the IEEE GOLD (Graduates of the Last Decade) initiative, as it speaks to my own experiences as a fairly recent graduate, well, the third time around. I wouldn't have the position I hold today, nor the pleasure of so many career-related friendships, without being involved in the professional associations in my field. But when I was younger, these groups were intimidating, peopled as they were with those vastly more experienced than I - or so I thought.

IEEE GOLD provides support for students as they make the transition into the workplace, with technical and career information, professional and social networking opportunities, and that all-important leadership development.

Among the topics covered in the September 2008 newsletter are "Top 10 Things Professors Need to Hear" (tips for those seeking tenure), advice for technology consultants, choosing between a start up and large company, and more -- all pithy and practical articles written by young(er) engineers who have "been there, done that."

The newsletter is freely available on the web at: http://www.ieee.org/portal/cms_docs_iportals/iportals/membership/gold/GOLDRushSept2008v3.pdf

Visit the GOLD home page at: http://www.ieee.org/web/membership/gold/index.html

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home